Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Valentine's Day!

February 14th was a very special day for both Matthew and I because it was our first Valentine's Day that we had a special someone to celebrate with!!!

After several gifts and surprises back and forth between us, we ended the day by going out to eat on a double date with my parents. 

Taking photos....

Group shot...




Excited to be going on a date!


Matthew decided to take me out to the Olive Garden on our lovely Valentine's Day date!  For me, this was a very special decision on his part, because when he was 16 he had made a promise to himself that he would wait to eat at the Olive Garden until he could take someone very special there.  So by taking me there for Valentine's Day, it made it that much more special!


(Happy to be together!)

Mom and I waiting out front.


My wonderful parents.  They were a lot of fun to go out on a double date with and shared some advice about relationships and marriage with us while we were eating.


Matthew and I, sharing a cheesecake.

Yum!


 After dinner, Savannah, Gram, Noah and Ethan volunteered to milk for us and finish chores, so Mom, Dad, Matthew & I headed over to the river walk in Augusta, GA and enjoyed a nice stroll!  


There were swings set up over-looking the river, so we stopped for a little while to talk and swing.



Enjoying my time with my Valentine...



It was a lovely evening, one that I think we all enjoyed.  It was such a treat to be able to celebrate Valentine's Day with Matthew.  And all the little details that went into making the day extra special were very sweet!


~ ~ ~ 

A big thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes!  It was a wonderful day! Matthew surprised me by writing up a very sweet birthday post!  He's so thoughtful.  

I'll be posting more details later about it, so stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Appreciate your modesty standards - you got some cute photos and you all look so happy. Kelsey, you look alot like your Mother. Thanks for sharing and posting all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple weeks back I found out about your courtship through the No Greater Joy ministry. I have enormously enjoyed reading about your story,and I am in suspense until you post again :) May God guide you as you get to know this young man better... I have not met either of you but it is very refreshing and encouraging to hear your story. So what type of man does Matthew fall into? (visionary,steady,command man-- according to debi pearl's preparing to be a helpmeet) and what type are you? (dreamer,servant,go to girl) please do not feel pressured to answer these questions if you wish not to. Jesus reigns- a sister in Christ from the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      I enjoyed ready your comment so much! I'm glad that you have enjoyed reading our story thus far. Trust me. I'm enjoying it too! Immensely!

      You're comment was so good, I thought I'd address it in one of my next posts, so stay tuned!

      We definitely appreciate everyone's prayers as well journey through courtship together!

      A sister in Christ...
      Kelsey

      Delete