Friday, December 5, 2014

NCFIC Conference: Days 5 & 6

Sunday morning dawned bright and beautiful.  The only thing raining on my day was that it was Matthew's last day with us....

Ethan, Dad and Mom walking down to breakfast together.  After eating, Matthew got permission from Dad for us to take another trip to the top of the mountain, but since we were short on time before the morning service, he decided to drive Ethan and I to the top, instead of walking up.


Walking to his car...


We stopped and talked with the Girotti family (our friends from Virginia) before heading up.  If you've been following my previous posts, this is where Matthew informed me that he wanted to talk about dreams up on top of the mountain.



Being a gentleman and opening my door!


Ethan had the camera this whole time and did a fantastic job taking pictures for us.  This unique feature of Matthew's car really interested him.  When the car starts, this "HELLO MATTHEW" message reads across the dash!

We arrived at the top of the mountain with the sun shining bright and warm.



...up on the lookout.


Enjoying talking and soaking up the sunshine...




Meanwhile, Ethan was keeping an eye on us as our chaperone and also having a little fun of his own.








Crazy chaperone...!

(We had no idea what Ethan was doing while we were talking... :D, we just kept hearing the snapping of the camera and didn't realize what had been going on behind our back until we were on our way back down!  He is too funny!)





Before long, it was time to head back for the church service, but before we headed back down the mountain, Ethan took a few posed pictures of the two of us...



After a wonderful church service, we headed over to a local pizza place.




Waiting for tables...

A goofy shot....
He was teasing me that I always hold my hands that way when I send him a picture, so he imitated me.  Since I couldn't do that, I opted for the fish lips look!

The kids table...


The adults table...


The young peoples table....
(I was feeling entirely too goofy; I didn't get the memo that this was a serious photo shot!  He,he,he)




Sharing a delicious cheesecake...!

After our late lunch, Matthew had to get on the road to be home in time to rest up for work the next day.  It was hard to see him go, but I was very thankful for the time that we were able to spend together.

Here I am, up on the lookout, after Matthew left...


Our family had a nice time that night playing games with some of the other families that stayed over till Monday.  We said our goodbyes to the Girotti and Yuck families that night.  The next morning we packed up our belongings and hit the road.  It was a great week with lots of sweet memories, good conversations, and wonderful people.   


No comments:

Post a Comment