Wednesday, December 3, 2014

NCFIC Conference: Volleyball coaching

As I mentioned in my last post, Saturday night found us heading up to the indoor volleyball court.  Now....let me put a disclaimer out there.  Matthew is a terrific volleyball player.  He plays quite often, especially through the winter.  He actually tore his ACL playing, for which he just had to undergo surgery for last week. (He's healing well and is already up walking around on it!)  So, Matthew enjoys his volleyball.
I, on the other end...am not a terrific volleyball player.  Not even close.  It looks like a pretty neat sport, and I was interested in it enough to try playing for one season on a church league, but all I succeeded in doing was simply embarrassing myself.
So at the conference, when we reached the building where the game was going on, I was just planning on watching Matthew and Dad play.  But Matthew kindly offered to teach me.  The next hour was spent with him coaching me on a few different techniques, encouraging me that I could do it, patiently reminding me to "keep your knees bent, watch the ball, fingers extended, keep your knees bent, arms straight, remember to keep your knees bent"!  I don't know how much I progressed on my volleyball skills, but it sure was a lot of fun, as you can tell by the pictures below...







 
After teaching me, Matthew joined Dad in the game that was being played behind us. 



Mom and Savannah, all bundled up, simply enjoying watching everything.



 
It was one very enjoyable evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment