Friday, October 9, 2015

Setting Up...


Matthew and I both really liked the idea of having an outdoor wedding, however, with outdoors weddings you always have to account for the weather.  So while we were looking for a location to hold the wedding at, we were looking at places with an indoor option as well, just in case of rain.  After doing a little calling around, I decided to call Hopeland Gardens, a beautiful garden/park in the heart of Aiken.  I didn't really think it would be affordable, but I thought I'd call to see.  They quoted me a very reasonable price, so I went ahead and asked them if they were available on September 12th.  They put me on hold, saying that most people book the gardens a year or two in advance, but they would check to see.  When the lady got back on the phone, she said, "Well, it looks like you were meant to have the gardens, because the 12th was booked from last year, but the lady who booked it called this morning to cancel."  WOW!  Talk about God's timing!  I told my family about it and then talked with Matthew and we booked it right away.

Hopeland has beautiful grounds, as well as a nice stage with water ponds around it, and an old historic house called the Rye Patch.  We decided to have the wedding take place outside on the stage, with the reception taking place inside the Rye Patch.  It was a gorgeous setting.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd be getting married at Hopeland!
The stage

Our unity candle

Matthew talking to his parents and siblings, pre-wedding.

Some of our brothers chatting in front of the stage.

Matthew's brother Seth and his family were able to make it up from Florida.

My groom, checking his phone.

(All photos are courtesy of David Russell Photography)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what perfect timing! God truly blessed you and Matthew in your wedding details. That is a beautiful place for a wedding - so happy you were able to have yours there. Looks like the weather was beautiful too. Loved the photos and update.

    ReplyDelete